Organizing your Etsy listings can make it easier for customers to find groups of items based on category, color, seasonality, or style.
What’s the best way to organize your listings, and what devices do you need to use to do it?
To organize your Etsy listings, you should put them into sections to categorize them. You can also arrange them in specific groupings in your shop listing pages so that the appearance of your shop reflects an organized system. Both of these methods will organize the listings and make it easier for customers to find products.
Read on to see how to do specific things to organize your Etsy listings and make them easier for customers to find.
Table of Contents
- Start by organizing your shop sections on Etsy.
- How to organize your Etsy listings on the app.
- How to add your Etsy listings to your shop sections.
- How to organize your Etsy listings on your shop homepage.
Start by organizing your shop sections on Etsy.
To organize your section groupings on Etsy, you need to create then rearrange the sections into the order that you prefer.
- To create a section, go to the Etsy listing manager and click on the “manage” button next to the section heading on the right of the page (on desktop.)
- The section manager box will open up, and you can click on “create a new section” at the bottom.
- Enter the name of the section into the box and click save.
- The section name will be added to the list of sections.
- To move the sections into different arrangements, click the manage button again and use the arrow cross icons to move sections up and down by grabbing one and dragging it into the correct order.
To move the sections up or down the list, drag them using the arrows, as shown in the middle photo. This will determine the order they’re shown on your Etsy shop homepage.
This video shows the process of moving sections around:
As far as what order your shop sections should be in, that will depend on how you want to arrange them. Make it logical for your customers, so try to put them in logical groupings.
I have my shop sections in order according to what type of items they are. Some people prefer to put them in order alphabetically, but it’s really personal preference.
Try to think about what makes sense for someone shopping for your products, and group them that way.
How to organize your Etsy listings on the app.
To organize your Etsy listings on the app, you need to use the orange Sell on Etsy app, not the new purple Etsy seller app. At this point you can’t rearrange listings specifically on the purple app, but that may change as they add more features to it.
To organize your shop listings in the orange app, use the shop settings:
- Click on “more” at the bottom of the app page.
- Select “Settings.”
- Go to “Shop Settings.”
- Scroll down to “Rearrange your shop.”
- Tap an item to select it, then tap the place that you want to put it.
In the newer purple Etsy Seller app, you can’t organize listings, but you can move listings between sections, and you can rearrange the order of your sections.
To rearrange the section order in the purple Etsy Seller app:
- Click on “listings” at the bottom of the app page.
- Click on the total number of sections under the search bar.
- press the section that you want to move and drag it up or down the list.
- Release to place the section in the spot you choose.
To add a listing to a different section in the purple Etsy seller app:
- Click on “listings” at the bottom of the app page.
- Click on the section that you want to add the listing to.
- Select the listing using the check box.
- Select yes if you want to move listings between sections.
How to add your Etsy listings to your shop sections.
You can organize your Etsy listings into shop sections by adding them to a section when you create the listing, or by editing them and changing the section later. To change the section, you can edit the listing individually or with other listings by using the bulk editor in the Etsy listings manager.
To use the bulk editor in the Etsy listings manager to change a listing’s section:
- In the Etsy listings manager, check the boxes in the listings that you want to edit.
- Select “editing options” and choose “change section.”
- Select the section that you want the listing to be in.
- Click “apply” to save the changes.
To add a listing to a section in the individual listing editor:
- Open the listing in edit mode and scroll down to the section dropdown.
- Select the correct section from the dropdown menu.
- Click “save” to save the listing edits.
When you add your listings to different sections, think about organizing them in a way that makes sense for your customers.
For example, if you sell t-shirts in sizes that include men’s large and women’s large, you might not want to just create a section called “large size,” since men’s and women’s are different sizes for a large shirt.
You might want to organize them by theme instead, which would make sense if your customers are shopping for specific types of shirts and would find them easier if they were divided up that way.
How to organize your Etsy listings on your shop homepage.
To organize your Etsy listings on your shop homepage, you need to use the shop editor and the rearrange listings mode:
- Click on “edit shop” (on desktop)
- Click “rearrange listings”
- When rearrange mode opens up, you’ll be able to move the listings, then do:
- Either change the number on the top right of each listing to change the position the listing is in. (position i is the first listing, 2 is the second, etc.)
- Or click on the bottom V to open up a shortcuts and pages list.
- Or drag the listing by grabbing the arrow cross icon and putting the listing in another spot.
- Click “exit rearrange mode” to save the new listing arrangement.
It’s worth remembering that the listings will stay arranged the way that you want only as long as the listing view is set to “custom” at the top of the listings.
If a customer changes the sorting option to “most relevant” or by price, it will change the way that your listings look to that customer.
Watch this video to see how the Rearrange Items mode works:
Buying things online can be tricky, and sometimes you'll need to return something that you bought. Returns on Etsy aren't as straightforward as you might think, because Etsy isn't a single shop, it's...
Sometimes you'll leave a review on Etsy and want to go back and edit it for some reason...Maybe you want to upgrade or downgrade the review, or add a photo to it. If you've left a review on Etsy...